Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Nice Saturday

Today was a fun day going to the Farmer’s Market with a friend in Old Folsom, eating lunch out and buying new shoes for tomorrow’s hike which will be led by volunteer naturalist Chris Connard (from the Audubon Society).

I bought a phenomenal salad mix and a Feverfew plant at the market and my new shoes are turquoise blue with acid green shoelaces.

I gave my friend a small planter of new lettuce seedlings I had transplanted yesterday when she dropped me back to my house.

At dawn I had driven a seven mile horseshoe shaped road through the hillside adjacent to the block I live on and was charmed by the trees, vistas, farm houses, deer, horses, pigs and sheep.

Our neighbor said there was a second sighting of a mountain lion cat on our street yesterday morning and there were three deer in the front yard.

I helped block a fence that the neighbor’s goats were getting through into our yard (which has long delicious weeds and grass) by securing the grates and placing a tarp over the fence and tying it like a quilt in several places. 

The pony was hysterical.  I figured that she (Cupcake) had adopted the young goats and was beside herself when they left the yard.  Cupcake was prancing around and winnying and snorting and quite upset until the little Houdini’s were returned to her side.

Then I started reading the books on birding that I got from the library as prep for tomorrow’s hike while listening to the Coachella music festival on YouTube.


What a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment